Dunzo Data Analyst Interview Questions
Dunzo Data Analyst Interview Questions will help you crack analytics roles in companies like Dunzo, Swiggy, Zomato, and other e-commerce companies. But, first have a look on
What is Dunzo?
Dunzo is a hyperlocal delivery startup that provides on-demand delivery services such as food, groceries, medicine, and other household essentials. The working model of Dunzo involves the following steps:
1. Customers place orders via the Dunzo app or website, specifying their location and the items they need.
2. The order is then assigned to a Dunzo partner, who is a freelance delivery executive, or a Dunzo delivery executive, depending on the availability.
3. The partner picks up the items from the specified location and delivers them to the customer.
4. The customer can track the delivery in real-time through the Dunzo app and can also communicate with the delivery partner if needed.
5. Once the delivery is complete, the customer can rate the service provided by the delivery partner.
What is Dunzo’s revenue model?
Dunzo’s revenue model is based on a commission-based system, where they charge a commission on the total value of each order delivered. Additionally, Dunzo also earns revenue through partnerships with various merchants who pay a commission to Dunzo for every order delivered.
Dunzo’s unique selling proposition is its ability to provide hyperlocal delivery services that are quick and efficient, making it a popular choice for customers who need urgent delivery of essential items.
Dunzo Data Analyst Interview Questions
Why Analytics as a Career?
Target job roles – Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Business Intelligence Engineer, Product Analyst, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Engineer
Target Companies – FAANG and only product-based companies
CTC offered –
12 to 20 LPA for Level 1 (0 to 4 YOE)
20 to 35 LPA for Level 2 (Senior level – 4 to 7 YOE )
35 to 50 LPA for Level 3 (Team Lead or Manager – 7 to 9 YOE)
50 to 80 LPA for Level 4 (Manager or Senior Manager – 9 to 12 YOE)
Tools and Technologies required
SQL – 9/10
Python – 7/10
Visualization tool (Power BI or Tableau) – Good to have
Machine Learning Algorithm – Expert in at least a couple of algorithms (if going for Data Science role)
Why The Data Monk?
We are a group of 30+ people with ~8 years of Analytics experience in product-based companies. We take interviews on a daily basis for our organization and we very well know what is asked in the interviews.
Other skill enhancer website charge 2lakh+ GST for courses ranging from 10 to 15 months.
We only focus on making you a clear interview with ease. We have released our Become a Full Stack Analytics Professional for anyone in 2nd year of graduation to 8-10 YOE. This book contains 23 topics and each topic is divided into 50/100/200/250 questions and answers. Pick the book and read it thrice, learn it, and appear in the interview.
We also have a complete Analytics interview package
– 2200 questions ebook (Rs.1999) + 23 ebook bundle for Data Science and Analyst role (Rs.1999)
– 4 one-hour mock interviews, every Saturday (top mate – Rs.1000 per interview)
– 4 career guidance sessions, 30 mins each on every Sunday (top mate – Rs.500 per session)
– Resume review and improvement (Top mate – Rs.500 per review)
Total cost – Rs.10500
Discounted price – Rs. 9000
How to avail of this offer?
Send a mail to email@example.com
Dunzo Data Analyst Interview Process
Company – Dunzo
Designation – Data Analyst
Year of Experience required – 2 to 5 years
Technical expertise – SQL, Python, Case Study
Salary offered – 10 to 16 LPA (12% variable)
Number of Rounds – 5
Dunzo SQL Interview Questions
What is the difference between a LEFT JOIN and an INNER JOIN?
INNER JOIN returns only the rows that have matching values in both tables being joined, while LEFT JOIN returns all the rows from the left table and matching rows from the right table (if any).
How would you write a query to find the top 10 most popular items sold on Dunzo?
Assuming there is a table called “orders” with a column “item_name” that lists the items sold and a column “quantity” that lists the quantity sold, the query would be:
SELECT item_name, SUM(quantity) AS total_quantity
GROUP BY item_name
ORDER BY total_quantity DESC
Explain what a subquery is and provide an example of how you might use one.
A subquery is a query within another query. It can be used to retrieve data that will be used as a condition in the main query. For example:
WHERE customer_id IN (SELECT customer_id FROM orders WHERE order_date >= ‘2023-03-20’);
This query retrieves the names of customers who have placed an order in the last 30 days.
Can you explain the difference between the COUNT() and COUNT(column_name) functions in SQL?
COUNT() counts all the rows in a table, while COUNT(column_name) counts only the non-NULL values in the specified column.
How would you go about optimizing a slow-performing query in SQL?
Some ways to optimize a slow-performing query in SQL are:
Use indexes to speed up data retrieval
Reduce the amount of data returned by the query by specifying only the necessary columns
Rewrite the query to use efficient SQL constructs
Optimize the database schema by normalizing or denormalizing tables as needed
What is the purpose of an index in a database, and how might you use one to improve query performance?
An index in a database is a data structure that allows for fast data retrieval by providing a quick look-up of data based on the values in one or more columns. To improve query performance, you can create indexes on columns that are frequently used in search, filter, or join operations. This can speed up data retrieval by allowing the database to quickly locate the rows that match the search criteria.
How do you handle NULL values in SQL?
NULL values in SQL represent missing or unknown data. To handle NULL values, you can use the IS NULL or IS NOT NULL operators to check for NULL values in a column. You can also use the COALESCE function to return a non-NULL value if a column value is NULL.
How might you use the GROUP BY clause in SQL, and what is its purpose?
The GROUP BY clause in SQL is used to group rows with similar values in one or more columns. It is typically used with aggregate functions such as SUM, COUNT, AVG, etc. to calculate summary statistics for each group. The purpose of the GROUP BY clause is to generate summary reports that show aggregated data by various categories or dimensions.
Explain what a transaction is in the context of SQL, and provide an example of a scenario in which you might use one.
A transaction in the context of SQL is a sequence of one or more database operations that are treated as a single logical unit of work. Transactions are used to ensure data integrity and consistency in multi-user environments where multiple concurrent transactions may be executing at the same time.
Dunzo Case Study Questions
1. What are the top 20 KPIs that you should have in the CXOs dashboard?
- Monthly revenue
- Gross profit margin
- Customer retention rate
- Order fulfillment rate
- Average order value (AOV)
- Customer acquisition cost (CAC)
- Customer lifetime value (CLTV)
- Average delivery time
- Delivery completion rate
- Return on ad spend (ROAS)
- Net promoter score (NPS)
- Cost per delivery
- Percentage of completed deliveries on-time
- Average rating of delivery partners
- The average number of orders per customer
- Employee turnover rate
- Repeat order rate
- Percentage of orders that require re-delivery
- Customer satisfaction rate
- Revenue per delivery partner
2. How would you optimize the route used by Dunzo’s delivery partner?
Optimizing delivery routes is a critical component of ensuring fast and efficient delivery. Here are some strategies that can help to optimize routes for fast delivery:
- Use route optimization software: There are several software applications available that can optimize routes based on multiple factors such as traffic, distance, and delivery time windows. This can help to create the most efficient delivery routes, reducing delivery time and improving efficiency.
- Group orders by location: Grouping orders that are in close proximity to each other can help to reduce travel time and distance, resulting in faster delivery times.
- Plan deliveries based on time windows: Planning deliveries based on specific time windows can help to avoid traffic congestion and reduce delays. It can also help to ensure that customers receive their orders at a time that is convenient for them.
- Prioritize urgent orders: Prioritizing urgent orders and delivering them first can help to improve customer satisfaction and ensure timely delivery of critical items.
- Use real-time tracking: Using real-time tracking tools can help delivery partners to monitor traffic and road conditions, enabling them to adjust routes in real-time to avoid delays and optimize delivery times.
- Continuously review and optimize routes: Regularly reviewing and optimizing routes based on changing conditions can help to ensure that delivery times remain fast and efficient over time.
Dunzo Python Interview Questions
What is the difference between a list and a tuple in Python?
The main difference between a list and a tuple in Python is that a list is mutable (can be modified) while a tuple is immutable (cannot be modified once it is created). In other words, you can add, remove or change elements in a list but not in a tuple.
How do you handle errors and exceptions in Python?
In Python, errors and exceptions are handled using the try…except block. The code that may raise an error is placed inside the try block, and the corresponding exception handling code is placed inside the except block.
Explain the difference between a shallow copy and a deep copy in Python.
In Python, a shallow copy and a deep copy are two different ways of copying objects. A shallow copy creates a new object that points to the same memory location as the original object, while a deep copy creates a new object with a new memory location and copies all the values from the original object.
How do you test your Python code?
Python code can be tested using various testing frameworks such as Pytest and unittest. Test cases are written to check the expected output of a function or module and compare it with the actual output.
What is a decorator in Python, and how do you use it?
A decorator in Python is a function that takes another function as input and extends its functionality without modifying the original function. Decorators are used to add functionality such as logging, timing, and input validation to existing functions.
What are the differences between the range and xrange functions in Python?
In Python 2, the range function returns a list of integers, while in Python 3, it returns a range object which behaves like an iterator. The xrange function is only available in Python 2, and it returns an xrange object which is a generator and can be used to generate large sequences of integers.
How do you implement multithreading in Python?
Multithreading in Python can be implemented using the threading module. Threads can be created by creating a new Thread object and passing a target function to it.
What is a generator in Python, and how do you create one?
A generator in Python is a type of iterable that generates values on the fly instead of storing them in memory. It is created using the yield keyword instead of the return keyword.
What is a lambda function in Python, and when would you use one?
A lambda function in Python is an anonymous function that can be defined in a single line of code. They are usually used for simple operations such as sorting, filtering, and mapping.
Dunzo Hiring Manager and HR Questions
There were many questions like below:
– Why do you want to quit?
– What is the current tech stack of your company?
– Will you hire someone with low technical expertise but good communication skills?
– What happens if you have 2 important deliveries to do and there is only one employe?
– What do you want to be in 5 years?
Daily Quiz to crack Analytics Interviews
We have been curating interview questions for the Top Product based companies. Following are the interview questions shared so far:-
Day 1 – Amazon Business Intelligence Engineer Interview Questions – https://thedatamonk.com/amazon-business-intelligence-engineer-interview-questions/
Day 2 – Myntra Senior Business Analyst Questions – https://thedatamonk.com/myntra-senior-business-analyst-questions/
Day 3 – OYO Data Analyst Interview Questions – https://thedatamonk.com/oyo-data-analyst-interview-questions/
Day 4 – Swiggy Business Analyst Interview Questions – https://thedatamonk.com/swiggy-business-analyst-interview-questions/
Day 5 – Flipkart Business Analyst Interview Questions – https://thedatamonk.com/flipkart-business-analyst-interview-questions-2/
Day 6 – Dream11 Product Analyst Interview Questions – https://thedatamonk.com/dream11-product-analyst-interview-questions/
2200 Questions to Crack ANY Analytics Interview
Crack ANY Analytics interview from Fresher Analyst to Analytics Manager by going through this book with 2200 Interview Questions (75% off as of now)
The Data Monk Product and Services
- Youtube Channel covering all the interview-related important topics in SQL, Python, MS Excel, Machine Learning Algorithm, Statistics, and Direct Interview Questions
Link – The Data Monk Youtube Channel
- Website – ~2000 completed solved Interview questions in SQL, Python, ML, and Case Study
Link – The Data Monk website
- E-book shop – We have 70+ e-books available on our website and 3 bundles covering 2000+ solved interview questions
Link – The Data E-shop Page
- Mock Interviews
Book a slot on Top Mate
- Career Guidance/Mentorship
Book a slot on Top Mate
- Resume-making and review
Book a slot on Top Mate
The Data Monk e-book Bundle
1.For Fresher to 7 Years of Experience
2000+ interview questions on 12 ML Algorithm,AWS, PCA, Data Preprocessing, Python, Numpy, Pandas, and 100s of case studies
2. For Fresher to 1-3 Years of Experience
Crack any analytics or data science interview with our 1400+ interview questions which focus on multiple domains i.e. SQL, R, Python, Machine Learning, Statistics, and Visualization