Analytics Interview Questions | Day 1
Analytics Interview Questions
In this series we will try to solve as many questions as possible in 4 areas, SQL, Python, Machine Learning Algorithms, and Miscellaneous. All you need to do is to comment your answers below and the best answer will get an extra e-book for free 😛
You need to attempt these questions, put everything in one comment, we will evaluate and will announce the winner in the next day’s post
Analytics Interview Questions
We will follow the below pattern:
– SQL (3 Questions)
– Python (2 Questions)
– Case Study (1 Question)
– Machine Learning and Statistics (2 Questions)
- There are two tables X and Y, X has a column A that contains 4 rows -1,-1,-1,-1. Y has a column B that contains -1,-1,-1 (Most asked interview question)
How many rows will be there if we do X left join Y
- What is the use of partition in a table?
- What is the difference between the Drop and Delete table? (Meesho, OYO rooms)
- What is a mutable and immutable data type? (Most Asked Questions)
- How do you read a CSV file in Python?
- What is the syntax of group by in Python ?
- For a particular e-commerce company, there has been a decline in the number and value of items stored in the cart. Tell all the possible reasons for this decline?
Machine Learning Concepts
- What is the p-value? Explain in a very layman term with simple example
- What is correlation? Explain with simple example
The Data Monk Interview Books – Don’t Miss
Now we are also available on our website where you can directly download the PDF of the topic you are interested in. At Amazon, each book costs ~299, on our website we have put it at a 60-80% discount. There are ~4000 solved interview questions prepared for you.
10 e-book bundle with 1400 interview questions spread across SQL, Python, Statistics, Case Studies, and Machine Learning Algorithms – Ideal for 0-3 years experienced candidates
23 E-book with ~2000 interview questions spread across AWS, SQL, Python, 10+ ML algorithms, MS Excel, and Case Studies – Complete Package for someone between 0 to 8 years of experience (The above 10 e-book bundle has a completely different set of e-books)
12 E-books for 12 Machine Learning algorithms with 1000+ interview questions – For those candidates who want to include any Machine Learning Algorithm in their resume and to learn/revise the important concepts. These 12 e-books are a part of the 23 e-book package
Important Resources to crack interviews (Mostly Free)
There are a few things that might be very useful for your preparation
The Data Monk Youtube channel – Here you will get only those videos that are asked in interviews with Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, Business Intelligence Engineers, Analytics managers, etc.
Go through the watchlist which makes you uncomfortable:-
All the list of 200 videos
Complete Python Playlist for Data Science
Company-wise Data Science Interview Questions – Must Watch
All important Machine Learning Algorithm with code in Python
Complete Python Numpy Playlist
Complete Python Pandas Playlist
SQL Complete Playlist
Case Study and Guesstimates Complete Playlist
Complete Playlist of Statistics