Myntra Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions
Company – Myntra
Year – 2019
Profile – Senior Business Analyst(3+ Years of Exp.)
Rounds – 3 or 4 (depends on your technical round)
-Written SQL round – ~50 MCQ questions (Intermediate level)
– Non-elimination round(unless you do as pathetic as 15/50)
– Go through www.sqlzoo.net or follow www.thedatamonk.com
-Some of the questions which I remember were on the following line:-
a. Dry run the code and give the output
b. Optimising SQL sub-query codes
c. Which command is executed first(sequence of execution of commands)
d. Output of left/right join in the following table
Table A = 1,1,1
Table B = 1,1,1,1,1
d. How to do a look-up in SQL?
e. Difference between – union and union all, count() and count(distinct()), left outer join and right outer join
f. Some functions to test your knowledge about casting, ex. how would you get the sum of a column which have floating values but there datatype is varchar
A. – sum(cast(column as double))
g. Difference between NA,Null, and NaN. And how to deal with it in SQL
Technical and Case Study Interview Questions
1. What is your role in the current company?<Answer Accordingly)
2. What all tools, technologies and languages you have worked on ?
-Power BI and Tableau
3. What is a normal distribution?
– It is a type of probability distribution
– A Normal curve is also called Bell curve which looks like the above diagram. Here x-axis is the value that the x variable can take and y-axis is the probability of the values of x
– A bell curve is symmetric around mean
– 68% of the total population lies within first standard deviation
4. Give a real life example of Normal Distribution.
– You can take up any example like height of employees in your organisation or weight or salary of employees
5. How to get the second largest salary from a salary table with employee id and salary?(Standard Question)
WHERE Salary NOT IN (SELECT MAX(Salary) FROM Table_Name);
5. How would you get the standard deviation of a column in SQL without using stddev() function?
Something on the below line is correct
select sqrt(avg(var)) from (select square(t.x - avg(t.x) over ()) as var from t ) t;
6. How would you work on creating a new recommendation engine for Myntra?
This question occupied a lot of time.
I asked for 5 minutes to channelize my thought process. Below were some of the data nodes on which I proposed my recommendation engine
-Type of items bought in the last 2 months
-Type of items bought in the last 5 purchase
-Preference of People buying the same content
-Session time on the pages where he did proceed to next step but cancelled it
-If the customer had a conversation with the chat-bot about a specific item
-Shelf-life of the items bought in the last 10 transactions as those items might have expired
There were a lot of back and forth on these points.
7. What are the measure of shapes?
Go through the complete link below before your interview, there will be at least 20% questions on these lines
8. Define correlation and regression(both linear and logistic regression)
9. Create a list which should include a list, a vector, and a matrix
10. Matrix multiplication in R
Link – http://thedatamonk.com/r-cheat-sheet/
10. Evaluation of a model(Since I had a simple forecasting project on my resume)
11. What is ROC curve?
This round was around 1.5 hours long.
I received a good feedback from the panel(as mentioned by the HR) and was asked to wait for the 3rd and the last round
Round 3 – Case Study, Guesstimate, Project questions
The round started with a formal introduction, then I was given a case study
“Suppose you have a restaurant and there is a crunch of sitting space, apart from that you have one kitchen door which is generally crowded with the waiters and food delivery guys which leads to delay in serving the food. Would you like to create room for one more small window to expand the kitchen and make the service quicker?
What will be the impact on the already small sitting space?
How to optimise the above scenario?”
The detailed approach is provided in the link below
This case study went for around 25-30 mins
It was followed by a simple guesstimate to estimate the area of a railway station
Hint – http://thedatamonk.com/guesstimate-6-how-do-we-estimate-the-area-of-an-airport/
Now there were some scenario based questions to check if i have managerial skills, below are the questions:-
1. Suppose there are two people who are up for the position of Team Lead, out of these two, Amit is good at coding and below par in communication. On the other hand Aman is good at communication but poor in coding. Which one would you promote?
2. How would you make sure that out of 20 employees under you, all the deliverables which are sent are of top quality?
(You can’t check each deliverable)
I got a positive response from the team on the same day.
Keep Learning 🙂
The Data Monk
More interview questions below
Affine Analytics Interview Questions
Full interview question of these round is present in our book What do they ask in Top Data Science Interview Part 2: Amazon, Accenture, Sapient, Deloitte, and BookMyShow
You can get your hand on our ebooks
1. The Monk who knew Linear Regression (Python): Understand, Learn and Crack Data Science Interview
2. 100 Python Questions to crack Data Science/Analyst Interview
3. Complete Linear Regression and ARIMA Forecasting project using R
4. 100 Hadoop Questions to crack data science interview: Hadoop Cheat Sheet
5. 100 Questions to Crack Data Science Interview
6. 100 Puzzles and Case Studies To Crack Data Science Interview
7. 100 Questions To Crack Big Data Interview
8. 100 Questions to Learn R in 6 Hours
9. Complete Analytical Project before Data Science interview
10. 112 Questions To Crack Business Analyst Interview Using SQL
11. 100 Questions To Crack Business Analyst Interview
12. A to Z of Machine Learning in 6 hours
13. In 2 Hours Create your first Azure ML in 23 Steps
14. How to Start A Career in Business Analysis
15. Web Analytics – The Way we do it
16. Write better SQL queries + SQL Interview Questions
17. How To Start a Career in Data Science
18. Top Interview Questions And All About Adobe Analytics
19. Business Analyst and MBA Aspirant’s Complete Guide to Case Study – Case Study Cheatsheet
20. 125 Must have Python questions before Data Science interview
21. 100 Questions To Understand Natural Language Processing in Python
22. 100 Questions to master forecasting in R: Learn Linear Regression, ARIMA, and ARIMAX
23. What do they ask in Top Data Science Interviews
24. What do they ask in Top Data Science Interviews: Part 1