The Data Monk – V2
For the last few weeks we stopped our articles, book distributions, quizzes and questions. We tried to take a step back and format the whole learning experiences. In the last couple of months our team reviewed and looked into a lot of existing programs and products floating on the internet to create a career in Analytics.
Definitely a lot of these were good and we will have a separate space to share the review.
We are proud to have a good pool of resources on our blog and there are a lot of people who have been benefitted with the same. But, there is no harm to accept one major issue on our website – Unorganised heap of knowledge
We have definitely tried to keep everything as sorted as possible, but we know there is a lot of cleanup required.
What will change?
The Data Monk will be more structured. We are trying to collate a total of 100 well detailed articles and that’s it !!
The complete website will have 100 solid articles, each article we have a detailed explanation some solved and unsolved interview questions, may be a youtube video on the topic and one book full of interview questions on that topic.
Suppose you have Natural Language Processing mentioned in your resume then all you need to do is to go through the article, read the solved question, answer the unsolved questions and if necessary go through the book before your interview.
In the second version of The Data Monk, we will make sure that if you complete all the articles then you will be good to crack any interview in the Analytics domain.
Where can we download the books?
Right now we have 30 e-books on Amazon which will still be there. The set of 10 e-book bundle is already present on our e-shop page.
Yes !! We have launched our own e-shop page where we will be publishing e-book bundles and some specific books at a very discounted rate( with respect to Amazon)
Link to our online e-book shop
Link to our Youtube Channel
Some of our e-books will be published on Amazon also but we will try to get all our books on our own portal.
Why have we created our own e-shop when Amazon was already there?
1. Time and again we have been asked to share the pdf version of the e-book but Amazon does not allow to download the purchased e-book.
2. Amazon has some complicated pricing criteria which forces us to raise the price of the e-books. At our portal, we have complete control on the price
3. Amazon also have some strange criteria to bundle the books. At The Data Monk we know that there could be a set of 5 books or 10 books which will work the best for a particular set of candidates and thus we can create it freely on our portal but this again is quite complicated at Amazon
So, we are not moving away from Amazon, it’s just that we will be present on both the portals
When are we launching our online courses?
This will take some time. But, we will make sure that our articles, questions, videos and books will be more than enough for you to cover any topic without investing a lot of money. We might start with courses by the end of Dec’21.
How to get in the mail list ?
We do not send spam, we just send our emails to our users and people who are connected to us from different medium. In order to receive the emails, please subscribe.
What other miscellaneous topics will be covered?
We are planning to have the following topics:-
1. Road map of each role (Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Business Analyst, etc.)
2. Salary review of all the top companies
3. Direct referral program to top product companies
4. Course review of Udemy, coursera, Udacity, etc.
5. Videos on most recent interview questions
6. SQL, Python, Machine Learning marathon video covering every topic with respect to interviews
We have got immense support from the community, thank you so much to all the ~3800 users, we will try to have at least one article which you will love before the end of this year.
The comment section is open, so please put your reviews as ‘what else to include, ‘what to focus on’, etc.
Thank you 🙂
The Data Monk