Amazon Interview Questions
Company Name – Amazon
Location – Bangalore
Position – Business Analyst
Number of Rounds – 3
Round 1 – Telephonic Round on Technical Capabilities
Round 2 – SQL, Excel, and Statistics
Round 3 – Project discussion and HR
The Hiring Manager will ask about your technical proficiency in the different tools and technologies. Once you met the requirement of their team then you will be asked further questions.
My proficiency was in
SQL – 8/10
Tableau – 8/10
Python – 9/10
Statistics – 8/10
I was asked questions mainly on SQL, which included that of Joins, Group By, etc.
Following are the few questions:-
1. What is the difference between HAVING and WHERE condition?
2. How to calculate Mode, Median, and Mean from a given number?
3. What is the relation between Mean, mode, and median in a normal distribution?
4. What percentage of value lies between Mean and one Standard deviation(both positive and negative)
5. Give the relation of Mean, median, and mode in a positively skewed distribution
6. Negatively skewed distribution?
7. What is sum of squared deviation?
8. Why do we need to square the terms?
9. What is the order of execution of a SQL query?
10.How to find Third highest salary in Employee table using self-join?
11.Why data cleaning plays a vital role in analysis?
12. Classification vs regression?
13. What are the predictor and target variable?
14. How does knn works?
Other than these, there were simple questions on the use of Order by, Between, Like commands
Round 2 – SQL, Excel, and Statistics
1. What is the difference among COUNT, COUNTA, COUNTIF and COUNTBLANK in Ms-Excel?
2. What is the order of sequence of operating mathematical operation in Excel?
3. What is the syntax of Vlookup? How does VLookup works?
4. What is the difference between heap table and temporary table?
5. What is the usage of regular expressions in MySQL?
6. What is the difference between primary key and candidate key?
7. What are the absolute measures of dispersion?
8. What are the measures of spread?
9. What is the use of Kurtosis?
10. What are Leptokurtic and Platykurtic?
You can find the SQL questions here
You can find Statistics Interview Questions here
Round 3 – Project Discussion and HR
The last round was a mixture of Project Discussion and HR
My project was on analyzing the performance of store and product for a leading Multinational Retailer. The performance of a few category of clothes were below par and some stores were not performing good with respect to revenue. We were analyzing the worst performing product and stores.
There were few products which were not performing well in some of the stores, whereas these were performing good in other stores.
Few questions asked in the interview were?
1. What is shelf-life?
2. What is supply chain analytics?
3. Project Description
4. What was the final recommendation?
5. Suppose you were the owner of the company, will you directly shut these stores and products? Is it fair?
6. What is footfall?
7. If you have to recommend a product to a customer who has already filled his cart, then what data will you look for? Basically, how will you recommend a product to an e-commerce customer?
This was it 🙂
Sapient Interview Questions
Full interview question of these round is present in our book What do they ask in Top Data Science Interview Part 2: Amazon, Accenture, Sapient, Deloitte, and BookMyShow
You can get your hand on our ebooks
1. The Monk who knew Linear Regression (Python): Understand, Learn and Crack Data Science Interview
2. 100 Python Questions to crack Data Science/Analyst Interview
3. Complete Linear Regression and ARIMA Forecasting project using R
4. 100 Hadoop Questions to crack data science interview: Hadoop Cheat Sheet
5. 100 Questions to Crack Data Science Interview
6. 100 Puzzles and Case Studies To Crack Data Science Interview
7. 100 Questions To Crack Big Data Interview
8. 100 Questions to Learn R in 6 Hours
9. Complete Analytical Project before Data Science interview
10. 112 Questions To Crack Business Analyst Interview Using SQL
11. 100 Questions To Crack Business Analyst Interview
12. A to Z of Machine Learning in 6 hours
13. In 2 Hours Create your first Azure ML in 23 Steps
14. How to Start A Career in Business Analysis
15. Web Analytics – The Way we do it
16. Write better SQL queries + SQL Interview Questions
17. How To Start a Career in Data Science
18. Top Interview Questions And All About Adobe Analytics
19. Business Analyst and MBA Aspirant’s Complete Guide to Case Study – Case Study Cheatsheet
20. 125 Must have Python questions before Data Science interview
21. 100 Questions To Understand Natural Language Processing in Python
22. 100 Questions to master forecasting in R: Learn Linear Regression, ARIMA, and ARIMAX
23. What do they ask in Top Data Science Interviews
24. What do they ask in Top Data Science Interviews: Part 1
Keep Learning 🙂