Accenture Business Analyst Interview Question
Company Name – Accenture
Location – Bangalore
Position – Business Analyst
Number of Rounds – 3
Round 1 – Technical Round(SQL and R)
Round 2 – Guesstimate Round
Round 3 – Project and HR Round
Round 1 – SQL and R
This was a face to face interview where questions were mostly asked around the basics of SQL and R. The interview lasted for 1 hour and following are the questions asked.
1. What is the use of NVL function in Oracle?
2. What is Correlated Subquery?
3. What is the difference Between UNION and UNION All?
4. Explain different Joins in SQL using a venn diagram.
5. What is the result of following query?
select case when null=null then ‘Amit’ else ‘Rahul’ end from dual;
6. What is parser?
7. can we have another column in a table other than a primary key column which will act as a primary key?
8. If a emp table is having duplicate emp_id then can we make it primary key?
9. How the triggers will execute if two or more triggers?
10. What is lapply and sapply?
11. Data.table vs. data.frame
12. [a-z A-Z 0-9 -.] what does this regex means?
Round 2 – There were just two Guesstimate Questions in this round
Guesstimate 1 – How many digital watches are sold per day in India
The solution is in the book. For guesstimate practice, you can click here
Guesstimate 2 – What is the size of the market for disposable diapers in India?
The Solution is in the book. For guesstimate practice, you can click here
Round 3 – Project and HR
My project was on using Linear Regression to predict the number of Solar Energy Systems the Client need to deploy to optimally meet the requirement
The questions asked were mostly on Linear Regression, measuring the accuracy of the model, and it’s implementation. Some of the questions asked in the interview were:-
1. Why did you use Linear Regression?
2. How many independent variables were there?
3. How did you figure out the important variables to consider in the model?
4. What is the use of p-value?
5. How will you make a layman understand Linear Regression?
6. What is R-Squared error?
A sample data set was provided and I was asked to calculate the Standard Deviation, R-squared error, and correlation
7. How did you implement the results of the model in your database?
These questions were followed by regular HR questions. The complete solution is in the book.
The confirmation letter was sent after 3 days.
Keep practicing 🙂
Full interview question of these round is present in our book What do they ask in Top Data Science Interview Part 2: Amazon, Accenture, Sapient, Deloitte, and BookMyShow
You can get your hand on our ebooks
1. The Monk who knew Linear Regression (Python): Understand, Learn and Crack Data Science Interview
2. 100 Python Questions to crack Data Science/Analyst Interview
3. Complete Linear Regression and ARIMA Forecasting project using R
4. 100 Hadoop Questions to crack data science interview: Hadoop Cheat Sheet
5. 100 Questions to Crack Data Science Interview
6. 100 Puzzles and Case Studies To Crack Data Science Interview
7. 100 Questions To Crack Big Data Interview
8. 100 Questions to Learn R in 6 Hours
9. Complete Analytical Project before Data Science interview
10. 112 Questions To Crack Business Analyst Interview Using SQL
11. 100 Questions To Crack Business Analyst Interview
12. A to Z of Machine Learning in 6 hours
13. In 2 Hours Create your first Azure ML in 23 Steps
14. How to Start A Career in Business Analysis
15. Web Analytics – The Way we do it
16. Write better SQL queries + SQL Interview Questions
17. How To Start a Career in Data Science
18. Top Interview Questions And All About Adobe Analytics
19. Business Analyst and MBA Aspirant’s Complete Guide to Case Study – Case Study Cheatsheet
20. 125 Must have Python questions before Data Science interview
21. 100 Questions To Understand Natural Language Processing in Python
22. 100 Questions to master forecasting in R: Learn Linear Regression, ARIMA, and ARIMAX
23. What do they ask in Top Data Science Interviews
24. What do they ask in Top Data Science Interviews: Part 1